Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Motions Of The Dentist



There are a couple of things I know about The Knockouts.

I came across them when I found Mr. Side-To-Side down the back of some decks in an Eastern London entertainment parlour. Whether it had been placed there, for someone of inquisitive mind and nimble finger to find I’ll never know. But I have my suspicions.

In their own words, they play loud instrumental music. They are not accomplished, but do not wish to be. They are not popular; which is a shame, although they're too old for that nonsense now.

Truly then, these are gentlemen after my own heart.

Their loud instrumental music takes it’s lead from the filthy, fuzzy sound of The Monks and their ilk, but obviously without the wailing, and with a bit more of a tendency to wander into the nonsense, which is where it gets well dusty.

There are plenty more of the downloads on their site, although they don’t really seem to be knocking about anymore. So sad, so sad...

The Knockouts - Ransom Notes

The Knockouts - Bad Vibes

The Knockouts – Hit The Gravel, Sister

There’s one more reason to salute The Knockouts – there’s a link on their site to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.