Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Want, Ooh Yeah, Animal



One rainy Sunday last month, I found myself in a relatively terrifying pub in Deptford, trying to make a snail out of luminous green plasticene. I did a very poor job. It looked more like a turtle that had just had a stroke.

But it didn’t really matter, because I was being subjected to the noise-mash-lite and midi/8-bit mincing that Animal Fact Records seem so fond of. And what’s more, they were giving away free CDRs in party bags. These are good, good things.

I have no real idea of what I saw on the night, it was kind of like that, but here are some choice choices from the aforementioned CDR.

Firstly, and most offensively, Melviß Tibet’s digital recreation of the noise a fox makes when fighting another fox and watching a crash between two lorries full of drums, until the bats come at the end, and calm everything right down.

Secondly, and most mysteriously as I can find fack all about them anywhere, Wet Sheets’s midi-amyl-disco recreation of Thriller, with the zombies replaced by toy robots, and Vincent Price replaced by my first synth-E-sizer. Which is a sentence I thought I’d never get to write.

I daresay there are more nights of bombardment in tricky boozers to be had, so keep an eye on their myspace and that, where they also have a shit load of stuff for you to do the downloading.

Generous.

Melviß Tibet - Bacon & HPocalypse

Wet Sheets - Thriller




003. Vulcans - Star Trek


Tiny Dancer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.