Friday, December 14, 2007

1+2+3+1+2+1+2+3+1+2+3+1+2+1+2+3+1+2+3



It’s been a fair old while since I posted anything NEW! and EXCITING! on here, and that saddens me. I’ve been trying to decide whether it’s because I’ve been horrifically lax in trying to find the NEW! EXCITING! stuff, or whether it’s not trying to find me, or if maybe it’s not out there at all. The last option makes me feel all nervous, and I reckon I’d be better off not entertaining it in the slightest. So, to save my fragile soul, I’m going to say it’s a bit of a mix between the first two. It’s not me, it’s you. It’s not you, it’s me. We’re both big enough to admit it, so let’s move on from this regrettable situation, and no more be said.

Teeth Mountain are one my favourite things I’ve heard in ages. I’ve deleted that and re-written it about five times, because when I re-read it, it sounds like the kind of crass statement that a seven year old would flinch at. But, each time I’ve deleted I’ve written it again. And now I’m not worried, because I think it might be true. Blimey.

A totally chance encounter (proving there’s life in the old dog yet) led me to their door on an evening wander, and amongst the nauseating background sat diamonds. Musically, there are shades of this, elements of that, but I’m far too discreet to get involved in that kind of business. We’re not fools. Photos suggest that it’s a result of an upsettingly free collaboration, with the kind of thoroughly controlled bedlam that most bands could only dream of. Saws are bowed, drums are banged by whoever fancies a go, percussion abound, cellos drone, hints of electronic devilry, everything everywhere. It should easily be wrong, but it’s really not.

A couple of the gems are stashed safely below, and a quick word with the chief perpetrator suggests that at this early stage, there’s not much more to be had – what there is can be found and hoarded here. A raft of live shows in America in January suggests things are starting to get going. It shouldn’t be long before they get serious, and a right minded type brings them across the seas. Until then, bask in the beauty.



Teeth Mountain – Keinsein

Teeth Mountain – Soft Beast


Tiny Dancer


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.