Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Calm Down You Silly Silly People



The Brit Awards are on television. I’ve just watched a pube headed twot scream the life out of something with a young lady who should probably have known a lot better, before an apparently pissed up old crone tumbled out of the wings with her inconsequential brood, and shared platitudes with the most fatuous waste of space our hallowed shores has produced in a number of years. I’m not surprised, but ever the optimist, I was vaguely hopeful.

So, before my brain starts eating itself in pity and escaping out of my earholes, I need something that doesn’t involve hordes of sniffing industry fools wailing and clapping like a speared sealion. Something that isn’t an under rehearsed collaboration between two ironically opposed artists, that of course demonstrates how the organisers are switched on and ultimately the most powerful people in the universe. Something that isn’t the Brits.

I choose the Poles. About 18 months ago, I posted a couple of songs by Milipop in accompaniment to a celebration of autumn on the brink of winter, and the beauty that all that holds. Minimalistic, understated, reflective, claustrophobic beauty. And so in this time of need, I turn back to Milipop, or as is now, Tomasz Bednarczyk. The step out of anonymity has done nothing to deter the flow of repeating seconds, stuttering glances and veiled moments, and to my aching brain, this is a good thing.



Tomasz Bednarczyk - Love

Tomasz Bednarczyk - Bike


Unfortunately I don’t read Polish, but I know a link when I see one, and that’s how I ended up at home.pop.rec and their stable of like minded souls. As you might or might not suspect, Tomasz is not alone in his retrospection and At Home are alongside him in glorious shadow. I know not what they get up to in those parts to trigger such thoughts, but you will not find me complaining, especially in current company.



At Home – 02


I’d love to know how to get hold of more Tomasz and more At Home, but all I can make out is that Room40 are re-releasing Summer Feelings at the end of March. That may be enough to retain the sanity. Please, let it be enough.


Tiny Dancer


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.