Friday, March 07, 2008

Please Lord. Not Another Beadle. Not So Soon.



So I had a nice little post lined up about Idlewild that was all insightful and very informative and considered and that. But sometimes, something more important comes along, something that makes you reassess your priorities. Swayze is in trouble. Everything else can wait.

Initial reports of weeks to live have been dismissed, but still the situation is not good. Whilst I have no doubt that the battle will be met with a combination of zen meditation skills (as seen in the award nominated Road House) and wildly sexual dancing moves (as seen pretty much whenever the opportunity arises), it will be tough even for Swayze. Tough, but not tough enough.

Whilst I’m sure this is what is known in medical circles as ‘a scare’, I’m equally sure Swayze could do with the love of his fans to get him through. And so, I ask that you leave your messages for support as a comment to this post. I will collect them, and make sure they get to him. On that, I give you my word.

Whilst finding the words that best sum up your feelings, please feel free to listen to the great man’s greatest moment, on repeat, for as long as your mind and body can take it. I’m into my fifth hour, and I’m not flagging. Not for Swayze.



Patrick Swayze – She’s Like The Wind


Words that invade your heart, and saxophone that penetrates your very soul.

And speaking of Beadle:



Junglie Sammie - Limb By Limb (RIP Jeremy)

Wrong, of course.


Tiny Dancer


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You have been marked on my profile map! Click to zoom-in.